There are several factors that impact the potential success of an e-commerce business, from selecting the right platform to marketing your products. Many members of the online small business community have experience with this type of business. Check out their top tips below to kickstart your online shop.
Find the Top E-commerce Platforms for CPGs
Choosing the right e-commerce tools can make a huge impact on a business that sells consumer packaged goods. There are tons of options to choose from. So check out this Noogata post by Eyal Katz for a guide to the best ones.
Increase E-commerce Sales with Live Shopping Videos
One of the major barriers for e-commerce shoppers is the inability to see products up close and in a realistic setting. But video can help alleviate some concerns. In this Inspire to Thrive post, Gaurav Sharma explores how to use live video for e-commerce. And BizSugar members shared their thoughts here.
Avoid These Mistakes with Your E-commerce Business
All business owners make mistakes at some point. But some can be especially detrimental. So it’s best to avoid these whenever possible. Ivan Widjaya dives into some preventable e-commerce mistakes in this Noobpreneur post.
Gain a Competitive Edge with Bespoke Web Design
The right website design can give a competitive edge to any business. But it’s especially important when running an e-commerce site. Learn about the benefits of bespoke web design in this Pixel Productions post by James Daniels.
Design Emails That Convert
Email marketing is another online tool that can apply to nearly any industry. And it’s one of the most impactful strategies for converting e-commerce sales. So how can you make each email more impactful? Get tips in this Blogging Wizard post by Nick Stephens. Then head over to BizSugar to see what members are saying.
Align Your Email Series for the Buyer’s Journey
In many cases, email marketing includes a series of messages tailored to the experience of potential buyers. This can look different for e-commerce businesses than it might for other industries. Read helpful tips in this KyLeads post by Kristina Shkriabina.
Use SMS in Your Business and Marketing Tactics
SMS text messaging is another communication tactic that many consumers use daily. So it can be part of an impactful marketing strategy. In this Inspired Marketing Tactics post, Sean Supplee goes over how to use this type of messaging to reach potential customers.
Enhance User Data Security
E-commerce sites collect lots of data from customers, including contact and payment information. So keeping this information secure is essential. Asha Rajput offers tips for enhancing UX security in this 300Mind Studio post.
Boost Your Website Ranking with On-Page SEO
SEO can make your e-commerce site more visible to potential customers. There are several changes you can make on each page to increase traffic. Read this Platter of Gold post by Anthony Williams for tips. Then visit the BizSugar community to see comments from members.
Start an Etsy Shop and Make Money from Home
You don’t necessarily need to build a site from scratch to create a successful e-commerce business. Marketplaces like Etsy allow you to list and sell products so you can earn money from home. Check out this post on The Work at Home Woman blog by Nell Taliercio for a full guide.
If you’d like to suggest your favorite small business content to be considered for an upcoming community roundup, please send your news tips to: email@example.com.
Image: Envato Elements
With the prevalence of ecommerce in our digital world, the desire to become a successful digital entrepreneur is not only tangible, but entirely possible. Many ecommerce businesses generate sustainably high amounts of income and grow to become some of the biggest names in the market. However, getting to this stage is not easy, and often requires a combination of specific strategies, tactics and secrets to be successful. Here are 10 insider secrets for building a top ecommerce business.
1. Focus on Quality and Design – Quality and design are two of the most important aspects of any ecommerce business. Having a strong emphasis on quality products, as well as a modern and aesthetically pleasing design, are surefire signs of a successful online business.
2. Utilize Social Media – Social media is a powerful tool, and ecommerce businesses should take advantage of this. Utilize social media sites like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to market your business and build your brand presence.
3. Invest in SEO – Search engine optimization (SEO) is a powerful tool for any ecommerce business. Investing in SEO can improve your search rankings and maximize your visibility.
4. Create a Blog or Newsletter – A blog or e-newsletter are great ways to stay in touch with customers and inform them of new products, promotions and discounts.
5. Invest in High-Quality Photos and Videos – High-resolution photos and videos of your products will not only encourage customers to purchase, but do an effective job in showcasing your products.
6. Offer Free Shipping – The cost of shipping can be a deterrent for some customers. Offering free shipping is a great way to show customer appreciation.
7. Use Easy-to-Navigate Website Design – A cluttered, difficult-to-navigate website design can turn off customers. Be sure to use an easy-to-navigate website design, with a clearly visible customer service page.
8. Use Email Marketing – Utilizing email marketing can be a highly effective way to not only reach out to customers, but also target potential customers.
9. Invest in Security – With the growth of ecommerce, security is paramount. Make sure your business invests in a highly secure website and payment process.
10. Review Your Competitors – Understand what tactics your competitors are using and use this information to improve your own strategy.
Building a successful ecommerce business requires strategies tailored to the individual needs of any business. Utilizing these 10 insider secrets can maximize your potential and help to accelerate your progress towards success.